Thursday 17 September 2009

Read Even More About It...

I mentioned in my previous review of Sci-Fi/Fantasy magazines that DeathRay had encourgaed my interest in checking out its' sister publication Filmstar. (How do you tell if another publication is a sister or brother of its' companion? Answers on a postcard, please).

I had been well impressed with the approach and style of DeathRay and it looked as if many of the same, positive features were shared by Filmstar. Having bought and read most of the latest edition, I am pleased to confirm that it's every bit as good. I think the review and articles are fuller and more substantial than Empire (and that puts it miles beyond Total Film) and whilst it needs to maintain that quality has the potential to stand proudly alongside Empire with every possibility of overtaking it.

I'm not yet ready to drop Empire so this will be yet another magazine to add to the monthly haul, but it is a welcome addition.

No comments: